School Development Plan (SDP)
Rationale and Process
- Our School Development Cycle runs from January to January.
- Producing the SDP at this point in the year means that priorities from Performance Management Reviews, targeting action for any new staff, combined with realistic budget setting for the coming financial year can all be fed in to our on-going self-evaluation judgments which form the starting point for new school development planning from December onwards of every school year.
- Assessment and tracking data, School Improvement Partner judgements, pupil questionnaires, School Council, parent questionnaires, staff and governor feedback, and daily school walks, all feed in to our live Self Evaluation and enable us to identify a list of clear development priorities for our school.
- The central focus of our SDP is to concentrate upon our core business of raising standards and maintaining a sharp focus upon securing more rapid rates of progress throughout the school so that our school can meet National targets and exceed National standards:
- EYFS pupils - significant majority meet/exceed age related expectations and achieve the Good Level of Development
- YEAR 1 – significant majority to meet/exceed age related expectations including ‘passing’ their phonics screening check
- YEAR 2 – significant majority to make good progress across Y2 (Target Tracker 6 points) and meet/exceed age related expectations